Biyernes, Hulyo 18, 2014

Woo-hoo Cassette Tapes!

1,242meters of High Bias tapes

After quite a search, I found cassette tapes without having to go through EkkkkBay.

I went the rounds of record stores and electronic shops -- most of the "kids" manning the stores haven't even heard of cassette tapes. Which is a good thing. I take this to mean that this format is now truly vintage. 

So everyday, I'd drop by a local buy and sell website and type "cassette tape" on the search window. Dud. But of course, it's also plentiful on EeekBay; but I'm trying to limit my dealings with  Customs people (who called the Jack Bauer action figure I purchased "Ken", but that's another story).

Anyway, this local website produced a jackpot - some guy was selling one lot of cassette tapes, around 40 in all, for 500 pesos. I asked him if there were "high bias" tapes among the lot, and he said yes. No-brainer, I bought it.

Yup, it's forty plus tapes from some aspiring singer. His "demos" of James Ingram songs are on the high bias tapes - around 9 of the 40 -- I'll take that. My only disappointment is that he preferred to use the 90-minute tapes, which are more cost effective (then), but have thinner tapes. Oh well, this will have to do.

So today, I tested and taped over his version of "Every Breath You Take" (ooo kent yoooseee... yoobelong toooo meeeee...) . The tapes seem to be in good condition. I have 435 minutes of 4 track glory. Let's get down to work.




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento